Acting for Adults slideshow: https://youtu.be/cN1ZpQHF9Mg
The Acting for Adults Foundations courses with director Sol Abiad explore of the art of acting for the stage. Sessions are designed for participants to develop basic performance skills that can be harnessed for future artistic endeavours (such as actors’ auditions) or simply for personal development (such as public speaking). Fun and educational exercises aim to raise confidence, sense of play and communication.
- Improvisation: applying basic principles.
- Voice & Movement: releasing sound and using space effectively.
- Shakespeare: connecting with blank verse and figurative language.
- Monologue Character: identifying key questions to “sculpt” a character.
- Scene Study: appreciating text structure, subtext and relating to partners.
- Presentation: simulating audition.
(Many thanks to the wonderful Sharon Carvalho & Jamal Iqbal)